Wednesday, January 20, 2010

A Construction Guy With A Blog???

Yes. Here I am. I thought it would be fun to follow the growing process of my business (Wake Crossroads Builders, LLC). Let's see how long it lasts.

My Story

I grew up in Haw River, NC and became interested in this business in High School where I had an excellent carpentry teacher. This lead to a job after graduation where I got some "hard-knocks" type of training. It didn't take me long to realize that I was not where I wanted to be so I quit (with the persuasion of an extremely cold day and a lazy boss that would make me do a "two man" job on my own) and set out for a Higher Education. My parents and carpentry teacher, at the time, thought I was crazy because the school that I chose to further my education was North Carolina State University. They had every right to think I was crazy because my grades in high school weren't exactly stellar. My main objective was to lock down the crown of "class clown"(which I did) and that didn't leave much time for studies. So, there I went, off to try and conquer a Construction Engineering and Management degree from a University that is very proud of their Engineering Program. After 4.5 years and a lot of studying and some "average" grades I received my diploma which lead to a job as a project engineer building the tallest building in down town Raleigh. I have to admit, it was a lot of work but it was well worth it because it was another solid piece of the foundation for my business. After a year and a half there and the completion of the building that particular company was forced to lay me off. This led to, a wife, a lot of job interviews with endings like "you are an excellent candidate but we just don't have the work right now," and a lot of "you are not the father". All of this sitting around waiting on work and filling my head with Maury got me thinking about starting my own business. My wife and I prayed about it and thought that, since she was doing pretty well with her career(if you need a new home let her know), now was the best time for me to try my own business. So here I am.

My Team

The Boss and I



WCB Mascot
Elenoir(Ellie) is her name and hyperness is her game.
To be continued...

3 comments: