Monday, January 25, 2010

A Job for the Fab 3

For those of you that don't know the "Fab 3"... Let me show you.


or

Cousins, we have been buds since 82 and 83.
From left to right in picture 2 we have Phillip, Adam, and then Myself. Adam is a professional tile installer in Wilmington. Phillip is an accountant that is working his way to C.P.A. status. I am a professional blogger.

A unit owner requested a tile backsplash in his kitchen so I decided to call Adam to see what he would charge. He told me and I thought that sounded fair so I told him when to be here(had to be a weekend since it was a little side work). A couple days before he came, Phillip called me and asked what he needed to do to get on the payroll for the job. I told him there was no room on the payroll but he could come and be the intern.

So Friday Adam arrives with his wife and new baby. She and the baby go to greensboro for the weekend and we go to Lowes to get some materials. Lowes didn't have what we needed so we headed down the road to Home Depot (I do not support HD because their lack of customer service). On the way we hear a rummmmm pum pump, baroom da doom doom, pacow and the car cuts off. We pop the hood and find the problem. A spark plug had ejected from the motor. Luckily, all of this happened right across the street from Advance Auto so we run across 6 lanes of 5 o'clock traffic to go get the parts/tools we need to fix it. While fixing the car my lovely wife texts me and asks me how the tile job is going so I send her this pic...



Since we are so talented we got her up and running and headed downtown to start the work. Not long after we started the Intern showed up...



He looks like he is ready for action to me... he stood like that for 20 minutes until Adam put him to work. Peelin paper was his job. He struggled...


We got all the tile set that night and we headed to get some dinner. We had a lot of fun just being ourselves. Saturday morning we got up and went to grout and clean up. Here is Phil again...



Don't worry... we got him going again and finished up. Here is the finished product...



Good job Adam... and Phil. After we left there we went to The Pitt and had some Bar-b-que. Adam paid since he was the only person that made money on the Job. It was a good time nonetheless.

Oh yea... I really like this picture of our leader speaking to 11 year olds.





pahleaseeee

No comments:

Post a Comment