Thursday, January 21, 2010

Love Finishing a Job

One of the best things about my business right now is that my jobs are short and sweet. I have an opportunity with a big developer to be their "on site GC" at the RBC Plaza. I am pretty much their hero. They always approach me with these jobs that sound appealing until they tell me when I need to have them done but I man-up and knock em out. I just finished altering a 2 bedroom unit today. The guy that is moving in wanted hardwoods(1600 sqft. worth) and a full height granite backsplash before he closed. They told me to start Last Friday and that I needed to be done today. I called in the troops as soon as they gave me the go ahead. Gasman and his bro in law came to help me demo the existing carpet. Gasman (bless his heart) gets carried away with tearing stuff up and decided to bang up a cabinet. While he was doing that I was realizing that tearing up the little bit of hardwoods was going to be a chore. I rented a machine on Monday to help with the process. Wasn't working so I called in more troops. Dr. J and Ryle Kiley came up to help. Dr. J(had to let him know that these things happen) tore up a cabinet and Rile Kiley destroyed two cabinet doors by unknowingly spilling water on them. He still doesn't know. I'll send him a bill. All of this damage was fixable so it was just a slight scare. Here is a picture of the floors (I am going to start taking more pictures of the process)...


They call him sancho or something...


I am also currently finishing up my first commercial project. It is a telephone room for a company that installs a system in buildings like RBC Plaza and improve the cell phone coverage. The room holds their equipment and they lease space to cell phone providers who "piggy back" on to their system. It is a good little job and I hope that it may lead to more. I don't have any pictures of the job at the moment but I do have this picture...



That is WCB mascot playing fetch in the building with a ball made of electrical tape. (She stopped about right there and number two'd in the floor because she's used to playing fetch outside.)

Maybe I will start to get the hang of this bloggin and it will become more interesting?!

No comments:

Post a Comment